EXCAVATION AND BACKFILL
The method statement by which the excavation and backfill with suitable fill is carried out.
PLANT, MACHINERY AND EQUIPMENT
-Excavator, Dump Truck, Dozer, Compactor and Back pusher.
1. Obtain relevant approved construction drawing from client / client’s representatives.
2. Set out the location and limits of work.
3. Carry out survey to obtain original ground level, excavation level and final backfilled level.
1. Prepare access to the working area and plan for the dump truck and plant movements.
2. Excavate to the required depth as indicated on construction drawing and dispose off at dump site.
3. Transport, fill and spread suitable material and compact as required.
4. Repeat step 3 until the required level is achieved.
5. Submit Request for Inspection Form for joint inspection using General Earthworks Excavation And Backfill Inspection Check-list.
6. On completion of joint inspection, request client / client’s representative to sign on the checklist and file as per Project Filling Index