The method statement for placing of formwork
Steel Form, Timber, Plywood, nails, scaffolding, frame / accessories
PLANT, MACHINERY AND EQUIPMENT
Crane, Lorry and Backhoe
1. Obtain relevant approved construction drawings from client / client’s representatives.
2. Set out the locations, centre lines and levels for formwork along with reference lines.
3. Prepare necessary formwork panels to the required dimensions and sizes.
4. Coat formwork surface evenly and thinly with release agent like form oil etc.
1. Erect the formwork by providing sufficient props and struts including necessary bracing.
2. Use scaffolding and staging arrangements, where necessary.
3. Seal gaps in formwork to avoid leakage of grout.
4. Ensure checking for the required shape and dimensions as per drawings.
5. Submit Request for Inspection Form for joint inspection with client / client’s representative using Structural Work (Reinforcement / Concrete) Inspection Checklist.
6. On completion of joint inspection, request client/client’s representative to sign on the checklist and file as per Project Filing Index.